Mobile marketing has definitely grown in popularity. It is said that by the end of the year 2012, more than 22% will make up search revenue. Without a doubt, mobile marketing is going mainstream. These new marketing methods are replacing old and tired ones, as well as getting a whole new group of people interested in businesses. Using target audiences, advertising can be specifically generated and targeted to that demographic.
To have a successful marketing campaign, there are many things that need to be done. Here are some tips to help develop the best mobile campaign a business can:
- Make It Fun: Not only is mobile marketing used for advertising, but also as a source of entertainment. Pairing the two worlds, business and pleasure, is a unique advertising perspective. The rule of thumb is to do advertising in bite-size chunks so not to overwhelm the people. This must be done successfully, or it will drive customers away rather than recruiting them. Most people at the airport or train station are waiting and standing in line, surfing the web on their phone. The ever-present need for people to be on their phones can work to the advantage of the business.
- The Power of the Phone: Twenty years ago when popular TV shows began having cellular phones, they seemed like something foreign. Today, most everyone in passing has a phone attached to the side of their head at all times. The ability to use cell phones as opposed to hard wired phones is ingenious. The cell phone can reach further than a wired phone or even the Internet. Cell phones have quickly become a time efficient way to manage one's life. From paying bills, playing games, banking, and shopping, it is a way of life. It is important to make the mobile strategy easy; but more than anything, make it pertinent and individualized.
- Using the Phone: Increasingly, consumers are using their phones to capture real-time events happening in everyday life. This is a great opportunity for building a community and engaging a business's customers to participate by submitting their own films directly from their handsets.
- Integrate All Methods Together: While mobile marketing cannot be a main source of advertising, grouping it together with other methods can be helpful. Using campaign ads in a newspaper along with mobile message can be productive. It is also important to utilize the QR codes that are becoming popular. With the use of these codes, it can link one directly to the website. Between social marketing, mobile marketing, and QR codes, the options are endless on where a business can go.
- It's better to give Than to Receive: One of the easiest ways to use SMS marketing is to give something away. Everyone wants something for free and if a business wants their customers to talk to them, then they will definitely want to offer incentives. Coupons are another great thing that works well. With the economy being the way it is and extreme couponing at an all-time high, people are looking for the good deal. Also offering everyday information like the weather or even local events will help attract interest to the page and get the message out there about the company.